Friday 4 January 2013

My Passions ~ Photography




The way I've always approached life is via those things I'm passionate about, some of which I'll be sharing with you now.
I adore photography and don't mind whether I'm good at it or not. It's something I really love doing. It started when I was a young girl and my dad and grandad were both crazy about photography with whatever the best camera they could afford at the time (from a 110 instant camera to a top of the range camera). I was usually their model as a child, I'm an only child and an only grandchild. My dad first let me take photos when I was about 4 years old, holding a really heavy camera with a crazy-big lens, I'm surprised I didn't drop it. That first photo was supposed to be of my mum. Back in the days before digital photography, we had to send the film off to get developed. A week or so later, a Trueprint envelope dropped through the door. Much to my distress, the photo I'd taken of my mum was headless... I'd misaligned the shot totally. My parents reassured me that it was alright. My dad popped the photo in the photo album & attached a black & white magazine photo of Jasper Carrott's head where my mum's head should have been. This is when I realised how creative photography can be and started me on a whole new journey.
~Moondial~
- Posted using BlogPress -
Inspired by Erika at the Daily Whip

No comments:

Support Moondial's Madness: